New Connections to the Transmission System
This section sets out all the information and relevant procedures that a prospective Applicant (Producer or Consumer) must follow in order to connect their electrical installations to the Transmission/Distribution System.
According to the Transmission and Distribution Rules, Producers are requesting a connection capacity exceeding 8MW and Customers (Consumers) requesting a connection capacity exceeding 12MVA, must submit to the Transmission System Operator Cyprus (TSOC) an application for a connection to the Transmission System.
The Applicant (Producer or Consumer) must fill out the corresponding “Application for the Connection to the Transmission System” and submit it to TSOC, in accordance with the established procedure. The Connection Application as well as the relevant documents must be delivered to the TSOC Offices by hand or by mail, or submitted electronically to [email protected].
The procedure followed from the stage of submission of a Connection Application up to the stage of signing a Connection Agreement between the Applicant and TSOC is detailed in the “Procedure for the Conclusion of a Connection Agreement between TSOC and an Applicant (Producer/Customer)“.
Information regarding the Capital Expenditure that Applicants must incur for the connection of their installations to the Transmission/Distribution System, and Applicants’ other financial obligations, is included in the “Key Charging Policy Principles for the Connection of Producers and Customers to the Transmission / Distribution System“.
Pursuant to the Cyprus Energy Regulatory Authority’s Decision No 821/2012 dated 30/11/2012, the “Procedure for the Conclusion of a Connection Agreement between TSOC and an Applicant (Producer/Customer)” and the “Key Charging Policy Principles for the Connection of Producers and Customers to the Transmission / Distribution System” became effective as of the 1st of January 2013.
The Manual “Terms and Conditions for the Connection of Installations of Independent RES Producers to the Transmission/Distribution System” details the procedures, applicants must follow after signing of the Connection Agreement, in order for the connection network to be constructed and their installations to begin operating on the grid.
The Transmission and Distribution Rules referenced in the Law No 122(I)/2003 Regulating the Electricity Market including all its subsequent amendments set out in detail the operational procedures and principles governing the relationship between TSOC and all Users of the Transmission System (Producers/Consumers).
Furthermore, a list entitled “List of Transmission System Connection Applications/Agreements” includes all Connection applications and agreements with Conventional Power Plants, RES Power Plants, and Consumers.
- Procedure for the Conclusion of a Connection Agreement between TSOC and an Applicant (Producer/Customer)
- Key Charging Policy Principles for the Connection of Producers and Customers to the Transmission / Distribution System
- Energy Losses Charging Methodology (in Greek)
- Connection Agreement Template (for Wind Parks) (in Greek)
- “Terms and Conditions for the Connection of Installations of Independent RES Producers to the Transmission/Distribution System” Manual (in Greek)
- Transmission and Distribution Rules (in Greek)
- Transmission Substation Equipment Specifications (in Greek)
- List of Transmission System Connection Applications/Agreements (in Greek)
Connection Application Forms
- Connection Application of Producer’s Power Generating Facilities
- Questionnaire for Conventional Generating Units
- Questionnaire for Wind Parks
- Questionnaire for Photovoltaic Systems / Solar Thermal Power Stations
- Questionnaire for Concentrated Solar Thermal Power Stations (CSTP)
- Connection Application of Consumer’s Installations
- Application for the interconnection to the Transmission System of Cyprus